The summer is here and for many women, this means time to look for the amazing haircuts that won’t require too much time to style every morning. The hair cut styles that will fit this requirement are shorter haircuts and layers. With shorter hair, you won’t spend time on styling to get that polished salon finish and layers curl easily and quickly. If any of the haircuts sound like something you’d like to have, contact Yen Barnt Green and get the summer haircut you’ve always wanted.
The baby blonde bob
This is a cut that offers lots of layers making it simple and easy to style.
- Work through your hair, a golf ball-sized amount of styling mousse. Focus on the roots of the hair.
- Use a round brush in creating lifts near the root of the hair as you blow dry. Bend the ends of the hair.
- Dry the hair straight out around the fringe area and push it gently to one side. This will help you create the side sweep
- Apply a light styling pomade to finish
- Oval, pear and heart
The summer honey
This flirty and effortless cut can be worn night or day. It is basically honey blonde lowlights paired with cool light blonde highlights.
- Using your fingertips, work a nickel-sized amount of styling cream through your hair with the fingertips
- Using the wrap technique, blow dry hair with a paddle brush. Don’t forget to make a deep side part at the front of your hair.
- You can finish styling with a little bit of light texturising paste
- Oval, pear and heart
The flipping out cut
This cut has texturised ends that balance best on a heart shaped face or high forehead
- Spread a golf ball-sized amount of mousse all over your hair
- Dry the hair thoroughly using a blow dryer. Don’t forget to lift the hair in the crown while you blow dry as it will help you add a lot of extra volume
- The ends of the hair should be sprayed generously with heat setting thermal protection spray
- Flip ends up with your flat irons, working in sections
- The fringe area should be finished by smoothing forward with a flat iron not forgetting to push gently to the side
- The styling can be topped off with a light shine spray and some medium hold hairspray.
- Oval and heart
The sweet and classic cut
This style is the most simple of the lot. You can opt for lowlights and highlights within the cut if you do prefer more texture.
- Spread a quarter-sized amount of styling cream over the hair
- Using gator clips, section the hair into top, middle and bottom section
- Blow dry your hair with a 3-inch diameter round brush starting from the lowest section close to the back of your neck
- When you are done with the bottom section, loosen the middle section and blow dry
- The top section should be blown last
- Don’t forget to turn the brush towards the end of your hair. This is what creates the turned under look at the end of the hair
- Finish off with flexible hold hairspray or light hairspray
- Square, oval or heart